Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Project Outline

    I am going to do my project on the food in Jerusalem, and the role it plays in culture. Everyone has to eat, and I feel food is one thing that always succeeds in bringing people together no matter where in the world you are. When people eat its a time to not only get together and enjoy traditional (or contemporary) culture in a manner that everyone can relate to, but have fun as well. Food is an excellent medium  to explore how culture works, and in particular to Jerusalem, the commonalities and exchange amongst different cultures. Through exploring the different foods that have been consumed both in the past and now, I hope to gain a better understanding of the role that food plays in the culture of Jerusalem.  By exploring commonalities between different food cultures in Jerusalem, I think I can reveal much about the exchange of culture within the city.
    I plan on giving a visual presentation using prezi, showing the different foods consumed in Jerusalem and the commonalities amongst similar foods from varying groups, hopefully to help reveal they are not so different. I will also explore both historical and contemporary food culture. I will also bring food in for the class and put on a cooking demonstration.

No comments:

Post a Comment