Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Final Project Idea

Alright, well originally in class i was thinking of doing a project related to language and the role it plays in Jerusalem daily life, i.e. how the exchange of language can serve as an exchange of culture and so forth. I'm interested in linguistics and such, so I felt such a project could be interesting. looking at different slang and how the different groups interact would be neat, but very difficult, so I am not sure if this is what I would do.

I am leaning towards doing something about food. Yes, it seems very broad, but from my travels I have found the one thing that brings people together and more people can relate to more than anything is food. It brings people together. Exploring different cuisines in the area could be something fun and something I am very into. I'm kind of a foodie. Looking at the role that food can play in a culture can reveal a lot about its people and how they interact. I would most likely do a visual projection via a computer that would accompanied by some tasty treats :)

No comments:

Post a Comment