Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11/28 Presentations: Chris and Alex

Alex: Your presentation was pretty insightful. I'm a soccer fan, but I didn't know much about the dynamics within Israeli football and other sports as well. Like Ben said in class, it's crazy that teams can't put everything aside in order to create the greatest teams possible, unlike America it seems social values outweigh the pride found in sports. I enjoyed how you represented both sides of the conflict as well.

Chris: I enjoyed you discussion of Palestinian rap a lot, it reminds me of rap in the late 80s and parts of the early 90s (not gangster rap) that had social expression in mind-think Public Enemy or a Tribe Called Quest in their activism towards equality for inner city populations. Parkour is a great representation of underground culture; it's a cheap way to self expression. I had never really looked at underground culture in such a way, touche. Great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment