Sunday, September 18, 2011

Weblog #2

Here are a few items around my house that shed a little light on "who I am"....

The first image is of the Irish flag which is normally my computer's background. My dad's family is from Ireland, and being Irish is a HUGE part of who I am ( I have an Irish first and last name,  take part in Irish celebrations, and eat Irish, etc). The second is of a Chai necklace that I received from my mom; she comes from a German-Jewish family, but they weren't brought up religious so there is a disconnection with their families' past, it's something I want to learn more about.


These are some of the books I have in my room, I have a huge interest in learning languages and other cultures, especially those in East-Asia and Latin America.

 This is a poster I have in my room, it's a copy of a Japanese woodblock printed titled "The Sea of Satta". I love Japanese art.

 My three favorite sports teams: The Dallas Cowboys, Chicago Bulls, and the Celtic F.C..
I have a large shoe and sneaker collection, I just took a picture of part of the giant shoe pile in my closet///
 Tea is one of my favorite things in the world. The bagged loose leaf tea is white Chinese tea I got in Singapore.
Since I didn't have much food in my house I posted an image of one of my favorite foods in the world: Laksa. It's found in Singapore, Malaysia, and other Southeast Asian countries...I'm going to attempt to make it tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment